Saturday, July 16, 2011

NOTD *~*~PIC HEAVY~*~* | Chanel Peridot, Missha HGR01, $OPI Mermaid to Order & NYX Jungle

I felt like sporting ombré nails today.  Seeing as it is summer, I felt mermaid inspired colors would be a good idea.  XD

Jungle is a peacock blue jelly with a greenish gold shimmer while the other three are frosty colors.
Mermaid to Order is a turquoise-y teal that flashes a deep watery blue color.
HGR01 is a greenish gold color that flashes the same deep watery blue color as Mermaid to Order.
Peridot is a golded olive that flashes a blue-green color.

I applied two coats of all three. 

In the sun | L to R:  NYX Jungle, $OPI Mermaid to Order, Missha HGR01 & Chanel Peridot

 

In the shade | L to R:  NYX Jungle, $OPI Mermaid to Order, Missha HGR01 & Chanel Peridot

In the sun:

In the Shade:





Chanel | Peridot

Missha | HGR01

$OPI | Mermaid to Order

NYX | Jungle

What do you all think of these colors?  Any of these you just had to have?
I just had to have Mermaid to order.  I got Missha because I thought the bottle was adorable, and it turns out the brush is just like the crazy large Sally Hansen brushes.  I picked up Peridot because that is my birthstone.  As for Jungle, I received it from the lovely Edita of AllYouDesire (Yes the one with the totally awesome nails).

8 comments:

Trista said...

Very pretty. Really like Nyx Jungle. I thinl I might have to try ombre nails sometime soon.

The Phalanges Friend said...

Pretty!!
Funnily enough though, I like the NYX (the cheapest one) best!

Akuma Kanji said...

My favourite is Missha!!! What an astounding colour! O__O *___*

Laura @ Sawan-Heaven said...

@ Twister & ChaosButterfly
Haha...The NYX is definitely in a category of it's own.

@ Akuma Kanji
The Missha is the most duochromatic of all of theses, and surprisingly enough the crazy large brush is fairly easy to use. One brushstroke and the whole nail is covered. XD

Unknown said...

really love all these colours - they are gorge xxxxx

yardsticks 4 lunatics said...

I love them all! I think I really am digging Missha! Where did you get this one?

:B
~Tiffani

Laura @ Sawan-Heaven said...

I'm loving them all as well! XD

Tiffani, an ebay seller has it for $11.98 with free shipping:
http://cgi.ebay.com/MISSHA-Style-Crystal-Nail-Polish-HGR01-/330563685567?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf7218cbf

n x said...

Oh my god they're gorgeous could you teach us how to do ombre nails?